UK now has three alumni from the 2008 draft playing in the minor leagues. Which lefty starting pitcher joined Clint Tilford and Chris Wade as professional from the 2009 Cats? Check out these Friday links to find out.
- Former UK pitcher Chris Rusin made his professional debut for the rookie AZL Cubs Wednesday, pitching two scoreless innings in a start.
- A sixth-inning rally gave Delmarva the sweep of Lexington with a 5-2 victory.
- Louisville rallied late, but lost its first game of the second half 4-3 to Durham.
- Bowling Green used three home runs to beat Lakewood in a slugfest 14-11.
- UK Athletics passes on an update on summer league players and former Cat Ryan Strieby being named to the AA Eastern League All-Star Game.
- According to EKU Sports third baseman Jayson Langfels finished the 2009 season as the highest RBI per game total in the NCAA.
- Michael Grant at the Courier-Journal previews the second half for the Louisville Bats.
- The Cal Ripken Sr. Foundation has funded a “Badges for Baseball” program for at-risk Kentucky youth.