Tim Beckham didn’t waste any time showing his promise after being named BluGrass Baseball’s top prospect among Kentucky minor leaguers. The star shortstop was 4-5 with a grand slam in Bowling Green’s loss to Hagerstown Wednesday. Beckham’s 52 RBI are third most in the Tampa organization.
- Here’s the recap of Bowling Green’s 8-5 loss from the Hot Rods’ official Web site.
- The Bats never came to play after an 1 1/2 rain delay and lost 2-1 to Buffalo.
- The Legends’ first game of the homestand was rained out Wednesday. Lexington will play a doubleheader against Lake County today to make up the missed game.
- CBS Sports has a Q & A with Bowling Green pitcher Matt Moore.
- Justin McGill at the Cadiz Record in Trigg County has a interesting story about the Legends’ role in the Lexington sports scene.
- Eric Lindsey at “Cat Scratches” breaks down the home run numbers at Cliff Hagan Stadium last season. (You have to scroll toward the bottom through the football news to see that post)
- At first glance this story doesn’t have a lot to do with Bluegrass Baseball, but it’s a very interesting read. The New York Times investigates MLB’s use of DNA testing to verify Latin baseball player’s age. I link it here because these players could easily end up in Lexington or Bowling Green in the next couple of years, and the Times quotes a professor from the UofL School of Medicine.