Thursday saw a chance for some of the brightest college baseball stars to showcase their skills on won of the most historic fields in the country. See which former Kentucky high school star took home MVP honors in the Cape Cod All-Star game at Fenway Park in today’s links:
- PRP alum and current Arkansas third baseman Zach Cox was the star of the rain-shortened Cape Cod League All-Star game with 2 RBI Thursday. Baseball America reports Cox was named the MVP of the game.
- The Legends split a double header with Lake County.
- Anthony Scelfo hit two home runs in Bowling Green’s 10-5 victory over Hagerstown.
- Ben Jukich wasn’t quite Mark Buehrle, but he was perfect through five innings in Louisville’s 3-1 victory over Buffalo.
- The Reds’ official Web site profiles Louisville outfielder Chris Hesiey.
- Thursday was the 91st anniversary of the birth of Kentucky baseball legend Pee Wee Reese.