Friday was a busy day for baseball in the Bluegrass. Here are some morning links to start your weekend:
- Friday was an ugly night for Bowling Green as the Hagerstown Suns shuout the Hot Rods 8-0.
- The Lake County Captains defeated Lexington 7-3.
- The Courier-Journal recaps Louisville’s 5-4 victory over the Syracuse Chiefs.
- Also at the C-J, columnist Rick Bozich writes about former Bat Dewayne Wise’s role in Mark Buehrle’s perfect game.
- The card collector at BadWax.com blogs about UK pitcher James Paxton’s first round baseball card.
- Reds ace Edison Volquez is close to a rehab assignment at AAA Louisville. The Reds also activated shortstop Alex Gonzalez from the DL and optioned IF Drew Sutton back to Louisville.
- The AP writes about the composite-barrel ban by the NCAA and includes a statement from Louisville Slugger.
- The Herald-Leader, the News-Enterprise and the Richmond Register each recap state tournament little league action.