Lexington Legends vs. Hagerstown Suns
- David Duncan looks to continue his resurgence in his fourth start for the Legends tonight. Duncan is 1-1 with a 4.00 ERA in three games with Lexington, including a seven-inning, one-run performance in his last start against Lake County. Duncan struck out seven and walked none in that start. In 18 innings with Lexington Duncan has 19 strikeouts and four walks. David began the season with Lancaster where he was 0-9 with an 8.51 ERA.
- Monday’s DH Michael Diaz tied his season high with three RBIs in the 6-5 victory over Hagerstown. Diaz also had three RBI on June 13 and July 9 and has 23 RBI on the season. Diaz drove in the winning run Monday when he was hit by a pitch in the ninth inning with the bases loaded.
- First baseman Brian Pellegrini hit his 16th home run of the season for Lexington Monday. Pellegrini has 37 home runs in his Legends’ career, the most of any Legend. He is nine home runs from Hunter Pence’s single-season record of 25 home runs set in 2005.
- Hagerstown will send its ace Marcos Frias to the mound tonight. Frias is 6-3 with a 3.02 ERA on the season and 78 strikeouts in 86.1 innings over 17 games. Frias held Bowling Green to one run in six innings in his last start.
Bowling Green vs. Lake County
- The Hot Rods send Frank De Los Santos to the mound tonight. The lefty is 4-6 with a 3.77 ERA on the season and is holding opponents to a .260 average on the season including .165 average from left-handed batters. De Los Santos allowed five runs in four and one-third innings against Hagerstown in his last start.
- Second baseman Robi Estrada turned in his third consecutive multi-hit game in driving in the winning run with a bunt-single in Monday. Over his last three games, Estrada is 7-12. Estrada also had three consecutive multi-hit efforts in a double header on March 23 and in the following game on the 24th.
- The Hot Rods have a chance to move into a tie for first place in the South Atlantic League Southern Division tonight with a win and a loss from Asheville and Augusta. Bowling Green is currently a game behind Asheville in third place. Augusta is a half-game ahead of Bowling Green in second.
- Lake County sends T. J. House to the mound tonight. Few pitchers have had as bad luck as House who is just 2-8 despite his 2.71 ERA. House hasn’t won since June 17 despite allowing two or fewer runs in four of five starts since then. On the season, House has 74 strikeouts and 33 walks in 93 innings.
Toledo Mud Hens @ Louisville Bats
- Ben Jukich will make his eighth start since moving to the rotation full-time for Louisville tonight. Jukich is 7-4 with a 4.35 ERA on the season in 22 games but is 6-2 with a 2.87 ERA in 10 starts. Ben has won his last three decisions and hasn’t allowed more than three runs in a game since Jun 20. Opponents are batting .221 off Jukich as a starting pitcher.
- Kevin Barker extending his hitting streak to five games with a 1-4, four RBI performance Monday. Barker is 7-18 (.389) with a home run and five RBI during the streak. Barker’s four RBI Monday tied a season high. He previously drove in four runs on July 6. Barker is batting .438 with four home runs and eight RBI in nine games against Toledo this season.
- Outfielder Darnell McDonald added three hits Monday to raise his batting average to a team-high .320. McDonald is 6-14 during his current three-game hitting streak. His .320 average would rank fifth in the International League if he had enough plate appearances to qualify for the batting title.
- Toledo sends Chris Lambert to the mound tonight. Lambert is 5-7 with a 3.74 ERA on the season. In 19 games, all starts, Lambert has 94 strikeouts in 113 innings pitched. Opponents are batting .249 against Lambert this season. Lambert allowed one run in eight innings in his last start against Syracuse. Lambert is 1-1 with a 2.51 ERA in two starts against the Bats this season.