Thursday was a slower night in BluGrass baseball news after Wednesday’s flurry of trade rumors and deals, but don’t worry there are still plenty of stories to get you through a Friday morning:
- EKU alum Christian Friedrich has picked up where he left of after returning from injury. The former Colonel struck out 11 and walked two while giving up one run in six innings for high A Modesto Thursday. Christian’s ERA is a minuscule 1.95 in 15 starts this season.
- Reds prospect Travis Wood had his worse start of the season, surrendering five runs in a 5-1 Louisville loss. Wood’s poor outing dropped him into second place for lowest ERA in the minors at 1.52 between Carolina and Louisville. Teammate Zach Stewart has the third lowest ERA at 1.67 between the same two teams.
- EKU sports breaks down the Josh Anderson trade.
- Lafayette alum Chaz Roe lowered his ERA to 3.30 and picked up his fourth win for AA Tulsa.
- According to the Diamondbacks official Web site UK alum Brandon Webb has had a setback in his rehab and will consult with Dr. Keith Meister to discuss his options.
- Mark Maloney at the Herald-Leader previews the Legends’ upcoming series at Charleston.
- The Legends and Hot Rods return to action tonight in Charleston and Savannah respectively.
- You can follow BluGrass Baseball on twitter and keep track of all the Kentucky-related deadline deals today. Will Scott Downs be traded? Will any other Kentucky prospects go? Find out this afternoon.