Lexington Legends vs. Asheville Tourists
- The Legends will send top prospect Ross Seaton to the mound for the opener of the homestand tonight against Asheville. Seaton is 8-8 with a 2.67 ERA on the season. The right-handed pitcher has 69 strikeouts in 111.1 innings pitched. Seaton’s 2.67 ERA is fourth best in the South Atlantic League.
- Outfielder Brian Pellegrini leads the Legends offensive attack against Asheville. In five games against the Tourists this season, Pellegrini is 8-20 (.400) with three home runs and six RBI. Kyle Greenwalt, Patrick Urckfitz and Robert Bono have Lexington’s three wins against Asheville.
- Lexington will have to watch out for Asheville shortstop Thomas Field. Field is 6-17 (.353) with three RBI in five games against the Legends this season. Parker Frazier, Dan Houston and Juan Nicasio each have a win for Asheville against the Legends.
- Asheville will send Houston to the mound tonight against the Legends. Houston is 1-1 with a 3.65 ERA against Lexington this season and is 5-8 with a 3.95 ERA for the season. Dan has 92 strikeouts in 109.1 innings and is holding opponents to a .269 batting average.
Bowling Green Hot Rods vs. Greenville Drive
- The Hot Rods will send Joseph Cruz to the mound for the series opener against Greenville tonight. Cruz is 4-6 with a 3.52 ERA on the season and is 1-1 with a 4.00 ERA against Greenville this year. Cruz has struck out 80 batters in 79.1 innings and is holding opponents to a .279 batting average.
- Kyeong Kang leads the Hot Rods’ offensive attack against Greenville. Kang is 8-24 (.333) with a home run and four RBI on the season against the Drive. Kang extended his personal hitting streak to 10 games with a 1-3 performance Friday.
- Peter Hissey will lead the Drive against Bowling Green tonight. Hissey is 5-12 (.417) with an RBI in the game. Bowling Green is happy to see that Tim Federowicz and Anthony Rizzo are no longer with the Drive. Federowicz was batting .481 in six games against Bowling Green and Rizzo was batting .407 with two home runs and seven RBI.
- Right-handed pitcher Caleb Clay will make his tenth start of the season for Greenville tonight. Clay is 4-4 with a 3.82 ERA on the year and is 2-2 with a 5.05 ERA in nine starts. Opponents are batting .252 against Clay this season and the righty has 45 strikeouts in 77.2 innings.
Louisville Bats @ Rochester Red Wings
- Matthew Klinker will make his second start of the season for Louisville tonight. Klinker allowed three runs in 3.2 innings in his first start for Louisville. In 16 games between high A Sarasota, AA Carolina and Louisville Klinker is 5-4 with a 4.14 ERA on the season.
- Reds outfielder Chris Dickerson and right-handed pitcher Jared Burton remain with the Bats on rehab assignments. Dickerson is 2-4 with two walks and a run scored in two games, and Burton pitch a scoreless inning of relief Friday. The two Reds hope to return to Cincinnati this week.
- Louisville reliever Logan Ondrusek remains perfect in five outings for the Bats. Ondrusek has yet to allow a run in 6.1 innings pitched with two strikeouts and one walk. Ondrusek has three saves for Louisville and has 10 saves on the season between Sarasota, Carolina and Louisville this season.
- The Red Wings will try and take an advantage in the series by sending Twins prospect Phillip Humber to the mound. Humber is 5-7 with a 5.63 ERA on the season. Phillip has 69 strikouts in 96 innings pitched. Opponents are batting .285 against Humber this season. Humber is 0-1 with a 12.27 ERA against Louisville this season.