We’re just under 12 hours from the midnight deadline for MLB teams to sign their 2009 draft picks, and the first signing-day deal with Kentucky ties has gone down. According to Baseball America, The Toronto Blue Jays have signed 18th round pick Daniel Webb from Northwest Florida State Junior College. Webb was a 2008 graduate of Heath High School in Paducah, Ky., and was originally committed to attend UK in 2009 before enrolling at junior college because of academic and draft issues.
The Jays also have yet to sign first-supplemental round pick James Paxton, the UK pitcher, so this may not be the last we here from Toronto on deadline day. Click the jump to see the full list of draftees with Kentucky ties who have yet to sign their contract.
UK Players and Signees
- LHP James Paxton — 1st Supp. (37) Toronto Blue Jays
- RHP Jordan Cooper — 17th Round Pittsburgh Pirates — Central HS, Shelbyville, Tenn.
- LHP Taylor Rogers — 37th Round Baltimore Orioles — Chatfield HS, Littleton, Colo.
- RHP Sam Kidd — 39th Round Philadelphia Phillies — Ohio County High School, Hartford, Ky.
- C Luke Maile — 43rd Round Boston Red Sox — Covington Catholic HS, Park Hills, Ky.
- OF Brian Adams (Football)– 45th Round Cincinnati Reds — South Forysth HS, Cumming, Ga.
UofL Players and Signees
- 1b Andrew Clark — 31st Round Chicago Cubs
- RHP Matt Koch — 37th Round Boston Red Sox — Washington HS, Cherokee, Iowa
WKU Players and Signees
- RHP Matt Ridings — 25th Round Washington Nationals
Other Kentucky Natives
- RHP Tyler Blandford — Davies County High School; Oklahoma State — 5th round Seattle Mariners
- RHP Patrick Cooper — Boyle County, Ky.; Des Moines Area CC — 34th round Arizona Diamondbacks
- 1b Jon Hedges — Owensboro, Ky., Olney Central College — 43rd round Minnesota Twins
- RHP James Jones — Ballard County High School, John A Logan College — 45th round Cleveland Indians
- RHP Tim Dunn — Carlisle County High School, Tevecca Nazarene University — 46th Round Cincinatti Reds