In our third installment of the Summer League Wrap-Up we’ll look at the Western Kentucky University Hilltoppers who spent time honing their skills in summer league ball.
Coastal Plain League
- 2b Matt Payton — Peninsula Pilots — Payton joined the Pilots at mid-season and batted .235 with seven RBI and 15 runs scored in 18 games. Playing in his third season with Peninsula, Payton started 17 games for the Pilots.
- Kess Carter — Peninsula Pilots — Carter appeared in 43 games for the Pilots and made 41 starts. Kes batted .272 with 22 RBI and 19 runs scored for the Pilots and stole 14 bases in 19 attempts.
- Logan Robins — Peninsula Pilots — Robbins batted .235 with three home runs and 21 RBI in 47 games for Peninsula. Logan made 42 starts for the Pilots and, scored 47 runs and stole 17 bases in 19 attempts.
- Jared Andreoli — Green Bay Bullfrogs — Andreoli drove in six runs and scored 19 times in 48 games for Green Bay. Jared batted .256 on the summer and legged out three triples.
Texas Collegiate League
- Casey Dykes — Brazos Valley Bombers — Dykes batted .217 with one home run and 19 RBI in 39 games for Brazos Valley. Casey slugged seven doubles and scored 14 runs during the summer.