Wednesday wasn’t a pretty night on the diamond for Kentucky minor league teams. Each team lost, and Lexington lost its ninth straight. Check out those storylines and more in today’s hot links:
- Kyeong Kang hit two home runs, but Bowling Green still lost 7-4 to Greensboro.
- Lexington lost its ninth straight game and second consecutive extra-inning game 8-7 to Kannapolis.
- Louisville never overcame an early deficit in a 6-4 loss to Indianapolis.
- Former Bat Drew Stubbs picked up his first major league hit in a 1-0 Cincinnati loss to San Francisco.
- Louisville Slugger created a commemorative bat for Derek Jeter to commemorate breaking the career hits record for a shortstop.
- Former Cardinal Chris Dominguez was named UofL’s male spring sport athlete of the year.