Louisville moved closer to the playoffs as Bowling Green moved further away Tuesday. Check out those stories and more in today’s hot links:
- Louisville defeated Toledo 3-2 and lowered its magic number to 5. The Bats also added former major league outfielder Lew Ford to the roster for the stretch drive.
- Lexington earned its third consecutive victory after its 12-game losing streak with a 3-2 win over Hickory.
- Bowling Green fell to .500 in the second half with a 3-1 loss to West Virginia.
- Former UK standout Michael Bertram was a single away from the cycle in AA Erie’s 8-5 loss to Reading. Bertram already hit for the cycle once this season.
- Former Legend Hunter Pence won the Astros’ “Heart and Hustle” Award.