Just a day after clinching the International League West division, the Louisville Bats were back to their winning ways. The key to the Bats playoff hopes lies with recent callups who have replaced some of the Bats key players who are now with the parent club. Check out which new Bat stepped up Sunday and other storylines in Monday’s hot links:
- Reds top prospect and new Bat Todd Frazier was 4-5 and Wes Bankston was 4-4 in Louisville’s 6-3 victory over Columbus.
- Brian Pellegrini launched his 31st home run of the season in Lexington’s 4-3, 12-inning victory over Greenville.
- Bowling Green fell 3-2 in the longest game in the team’s short history: 16 innings.
- Reds’ GM Walt Jocketty doesn’t plan on calling up many Bats for expanded September rosters until the Louisville playoff run ends.
- Michael Grant of the Courier-Journal profiles Frazier.