Lots of playoff action to get you caught up today. Check out those stories and a few more:
- Todd Zolecki of MLB.com reports Joe Blanton is still a candidate for the game three start for Philadelphia despite appearing in game two.
- In case you missed it, Bellarmine alum Todd Wellemeyer was left off the St. Louis Cardinals roster for the NLDS per the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
- Here’s the Rockies/Phillies box score including Aaron Cook’s win and Joe Blanton’s relief appearance.
- You can now become a fan of WKU baseball on Facebook.
- The AP reports on scientists’ quest to save Ash trees, one of the principle woods used in Louisville slugger bats.
- Cary Osborne of The Santa Clara Valley Signal profiles several local baseball players including Louisville Bat Chris Valakia and former Legend Jeff Icenogle, who has caught on in the Independent Northern League.
- The Sporting News ranks Louisville 67th on its list of best sports cities and Lexington 78th.