Two playoff teams featuring Kentucky natives are on the brink of elimination. Check out those stories and more in today’s hot links:
- Morehead alum Jon Rauch pitched a scoreless inning the Twins’ heart-breaking extra inning loss to the Yankees.
- The Angels took a 2-0 lead on Boston in the other ALDS, Louisville-native Paul Byrd still hasn’t appeared in the series for the Red Sox.
- John Henderson of The Denver Post reports that postseason isn’t life or death for Fort Campbell-native Aaron Cook.
- According to MLB.com, UK alum Joe Blanton doesn’t care if he gets a start in the NLDS as long as the Phillies win.
- EKU Baseball took part in a clinic for Richmond Little Leaguers.
- Baseball America’s John Manuel weighed in on UK alum and former SEC player of the year Ryan Strieby in BA’s Eastern League prospects chat: “Strieby definitely had his supporters and came closest. Boesch has plus power too, both are power guys, but Strieby has better feel for hitting and uses the whole field more.”
One thought on “Saturday Links: Rauch, Byrd one game from elimination”