Two playoff teams featuring Kentucky natives are on the brink of elimination. Check out those stories and more in today’s hot links:
- Morehead alum Jon Rauch pitched a scoreless inning the Twins’ heart-breaking extra inning loss to the Yankees.
- The Angels took a 2-0 lead on Boston in the other ALDS, Louisville-native Paul Byrd still hasn’t appeared in the series for the Red Sox.
- John Henderson of The Denver Post reports that postseason isn’t life or death for Fort Campbell-native Aaron Cook.
- According to MLB.com, UK alum Joe Blanton doesn’t care if he gets a start in the NLDS as long as the Phillies win.
- EKU Baseball took part in a clinic for Richmond Little Leaguers.
- Baseball America’s John Manuel weighed in on UK alum and former SEC player of the year Ryan Strieby in BA’s Eastern League prospects chat: “Strieby definitely had his supporters and came closest. Boesch has plus power too, both are power guys, but Strieby has better feel for hitting and uses the whole field more.”