The playoffs are back in full swing. Check out those storylines and more in today’s hot links:
- The Phillies held on for an 8-6 marathon win Thursday in game one of the NLCS. UK alum Joe Blanton didn’t appear in the game,
- Pedro Martinez will start game two for the Phillies and Cliff Lee will start game three. Phillies manager Charlie Manuel says he doesn’t know who will start game four because J. A. Happ and Joe Blanton are still in the pen for now. Happ appeared in game one, so that might give Blanton the edge for game four.
- Sean McAdam of the Boston Herald reports the Red Sox would be interested in Brandon Webb if the D’Backs don’t pick up his option.
- Chris Heisey was 2-4 with two runs scored and a double for Peoria in the Arizona Fall League Thursday. Yonder Alonso was 1-4 with a run scored.
- Louisville Bats closer Logan Ondrusek had a miserable outing, allowing five runs in two-thirds of an inning. 2009 Legend Daniel Meszaros allowed four runs in one and one-third innings.