An amazing night of playoff baseball with walk-off wins in both games. Kentucky was represented in the NLCS, check out that story and one about a Kentucky native losing a lot of money.
- UK alum Joe Blanton allowed four runs in six innings in the Phillies’ comeback victory over the Dodgers. Blanton didn’t get the win, but he kept his team in the game long enough to gain a 3-1 lead in the series.
- Sam Donnellon of The Philadelphia Daily News says the rest of the Phillies could learn a lesson from Blanton’s selflessness.
- Former Legends’ manager Tim Bogar completed his interview for the Houston Astros’ manager position.
- MLBTradeRumors.com reports that Pikeville-native Mark Reynolds missed super two arbitration status by three days of service time. Those three days mean the difference between a $425,000 2010 salary and a roughly $5 million salary.
- Louisville Bats manager Rick Sweet speaks to John Fay of Baseball America about Reds’ prospects. (subscription required)
- UK Baseball has a news release about alum Joe Blanton’s start for the Phillies.
- No Bluegrass ties, but the Angeles scored a walk-off win against the Yankees in the 11th to bring the series to 2-1, Yankees.