The Phillies are National League champions for the second consecutive year after a 10-4 victory over Los Angeles in game five of the NLCS. That means Franklin Simpson and UK alum Joe Blanton has a chance to pick up another World Series victory.
- Kendall Rogers of Rivals.com breaks down five keys for UK baseball for 2010.
- Eric Lindsey, my former colleague at the Kentucky Kernel, evaluates Rogers’ list and adds his own analysis for UK Althletics’ blog Cat Scratches.
- Nick Piecoro of The Arizona Republic lists picking up Ashland-native Brandon Webb’s option as the number one item on the D’backs to-do list.
- Danny Wilde of MLB.com profiles 2009 Bat Chris Heisey’s AFL performance.
- Heisey was 4-5 with two doubles, a triple, two RBI and two runs scored for Peoria in the Arizona Fall League Wednesday. Yonder Alonso was 1-4 with a home run and three RBI.