A six-run seventh inning wasn’t enough for the Yankees to clinch their World Series berth, so the ALCS is going back to New York. Joe Blanton and the Phillies can’t start preparing for the Yankees just yet, as the Angels have served notice they’re not just going to role over. While we wait for the World Series to start here are some more Bluegrass storylines for a Friday morning:
- Lafayette alum Chaz Roe pitched two scoreless innings in his Arizona Fall League debut.
- 2009 Bats Chris Heisey and Yonder Alonso were 0-8 combined for Peoria in the AFL.
- Bob Ford of the Philadelphia Inquirer writes the Phillies will need better pitching from starters like Joe Blanton to win the World Series.
- Baseball America lists UK pitcher James Paxton as the one that got away in its Toronto Blue Jays’ drat report card. (subscription required)
- BA also profiles the 2010 Rays draft class, many of whom will end up in Bowling Green next season.
- Steve Gilbert of MLB.com recaps the Brandon Webb/Arizona negotiations in his latest mailbag.
- Never thought I’d link the Helena Independent Record on here, but Angela Brandt of the newspaper reports about a lawsuit alleging Louisville Slugger is liable for damages due to the death of a Montana high school baseball player who died after being hit with a line drive.