A rainout in the ALCS Saturday postponed the Phillies learning their World Series opponents identity for at least one more day, but there was still plenty of Kentucky-related World Series chatter. Here are those stories and more for a Sunday afternoon:
- MLB.com reports Cliff Lee, Pedro Martinez and Cole Hamels will likely start the first three games for the Phillies in the World Series while UK alum Joe Blanton and J. A. Happ begin the series in the pen.
- Jason Stark of ESPN.com reports that the youth of the Phillies’ rotation, including Blanton (28), has some Philadelphia fans and executives thinking they may build a dynasty.
- The Sporting News also reports Blanton is a candidate for the game four start.
- Evan Bittner of FanHuddle.com looks at Rockies’ top prospect and EKU alum Christian Friedrich.
- 2009 Bat Yonder Alonso was 2-4 with two RBI and teammate Chris Hesiey was 0-5 in the AFL Saturday. Louisville closer Logan Ondrusek pitched a scoreless inning and struck out two.