This post was originally scheduled for Monday morning, but technical difficulties have pushed it back to Tuesday. Sorry for the confusing dates below.
With the start of the General Manager’s meetings Monday, the Hot Stove League is in full swing. Free Agents can only negotiate with their current team until Nov. 20 before hitting the open market, so if Austin Kearns or Todd Wellemeyer was to resign with Washington or St. Louis it would happen soon (but don’t look for either to return). Check out those stories and more in some Tuesday morning links:
- Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post Dispatch reports Lexington-native Austin Kearns is a candidate for the Cardinals’ outfield vacancy if All-Star Matt Holliday leaves.
- CardinalSports.com reports Floyd Central (Ind.) HS product Jeffrey Thompson has committed to play baseball for Louisville.
- EKU baseball released its 2010 schedule. Check back for a detailed breakdown this afternoon.
- Joe Capozzi of The Palm Beach Post writes there are indications the Marlins will trade Louisville-native Dan Uggla by next month’s Winter Meetings.
- Lafayette alum Chaz Roe struck out four in three scoreless innings for Scottsdale of the Arizona Fall League.
- 2009 Bat Yonder Alonso was 3-4 for Peoria and 2009 Legend Daniel Meszaros pitches a scoreless inning.