Another Bluegrass native has filed for free agency. Check out that story and more in some Tuesday morning links:
- Bellarmine alum Todd Wellemeyer has filed for free agency, and Matthew Leach of MLB.com reports he is unlikely to return to St. Louis following a disappointing season.
- In a related not, Wellemeyer is on Twitter, but hasn’t tweeted since June. His silence roughly coincides with the decline of his season.
- WKUSports.com has a breakdown of Western’s fall baseball series.
- The Lexington Herald Leader looks at UK’s 2010 baseball schedule.
- The estate of baseball’s first free agent Curt Flood will auction off Flood memorabilia at the Louisville Slugger Museum Saturday.
- 2009 Bat Chris Hesiey was 0-5 and teammate Yonder Alonso was 1-4 for Peoria of the Arizona Fall League. Louisville reliever Sean Watson pitched 1.2 scoreless innings and closer Logan Ondrusek allowed two unearned runs in one frame.