We broke down the free agents with Kentucky ties earlier this month, but now I thought we’d look at the arbitration eligible players. Players with three to six years of service time, or designated as “super twos,” are eligible for a salary raise through arbitration. Teams then chose whether to offer these players a contract for the coming season, though the salary generally can’t be less than 80 percent of the previous year’s salary. Some players receive huge raises in arbitration leading smaller market teams to trade them. So if you’re looking for trade candidates or non-tender candidates this is a good place to start.
- RHP Joe Blanton — UK — Philadelphia Phillies
- C John Buck — Lexington Legends — Kansas City Royals
- RHP Jared Burton — Louisville Bats — Cincinnati Reds
- RHP Todd Coffey — Louisville Bats — Milwaukee Brewers
- OF Corey Hart — Bowling Green, Ky. — Milwaukee Brewers
- OF Hunter Pence — Lexington Legends — Houston Astros
- RHP Wandy Rodriguez — Lexington Legends — Houston Astros
- 2B Dan Uggla — Louisville, Ky. — Florida Marlins
Here’s the full arbitration list on MLB.com.