More signing news is leaking traveling the grapevine. I’m told at least one state university should have a full release about all signed players early next week. Check out those stories and others in some Saturday links:
- Adam Revelette of Examiner.com reports Trevor Gott, Tates Creek; Corey Littrell, Trinity; J. T. Riddle, Western Hills; and Lucas Witt, LCA, each signed with UK to play baseball.
- He adds those players Kentucky Baseball Club teammates also signed college LOIs. Noah Smallwood, West Jessamine, signed with Morehead. Brock Downey, Murray HS, signed with Murray State and Tanner Smith, North Laurel, signed with WKU.
- Hank Aaron will receive the 2009 Living Legend award from Louisville Slugger Friday.
- Louisville-native and Boston Red Sox pitcher Paul Byrd filed for free agency Friday.
- Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports reports that Florida Marlins second baseman and Louisville-native Dan Uggla doesn’t want to move positions if he’s traded.
- 2009 Bats closer Logan Ondrusek surrendered four runs in one-third of an inning for Peoria in the Arizona Fall League Friday.