More early signing classes are starting to trickle in from the state’s universities. This week I’ll start breaking down those classes in a little more detail, but check out the releases from the two schools below with some more hot stove news:
- EKU Sports reports the baseball Colonels have signed three freshman for 2011.
- UofL Sports also announced four early signers for the baseball team.
- Catcher Louie Helmburg of West Jessamine High School signed a LOI to play baseball at Marshall.
- Bellarmine-alum Todd Wellemeyer tells Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch he plans to start somewhere next season, and a source says the Brewers are one of two teams to already express interest.
- Joanie Baker Hendricks of the Bowling Green Daily News writes about the Hot Rods’ new art program with local students.