The holiday season is officially here. With Thanksgiving in mind I thought I’d pass along my list of reasons for baseball fans in Kentucky to be thankful this year. Feel free to pass along your lists as well
I’m thankful for:
- Another season to watch James Paxton in college
- A healthy return in 2010 for Brandon Webb
- A second consecutive World Series appearance from Joe Blanton.
- Conference titles from UofL and WKU
- The resurgence of Scott Downs
- A respectable Lexington Legends team in 2009
- Bowling Green becoming the third minor league franchise in the state
- A playoff appearance for the Louisville Bats
- Josh Anderson and Brandon Webb being inducted into the EKU and UK Halls of Fame
- Dan Uggla, Austin Kearns, Todd Wellemeyer and Corey Hart dominating offseason storylines.
- Sawyer Carroll continuing to prove his detractors wrong.
- Christian Friedrich moving even closer to the big leagues.
- Kentucky high school alums Robbie Ross, Ben Revere and Chaz Roe moving up their organization’s prospect lists.
- What’s sure to be an even greater impact from Kentucky on major league baseball in 2010!