The Winter Meetings are over and not a lot of BluGrass Baseball players have moved teams. Dan Uggla remains a Marlin, Corey Hart a Brewer and Scott Downs a Blue Jay. Todd Wellemeyer, Austin Kearns and Paul Byrd all remain unemployed. Each of the those players and several other Kentucky alumni could still end up elsewhere to start 2010 so keep checking back to BluGrass Baseball for the latest news.
- Jordan Bastian of MLB.com writes the Philadelphia Phillies will likely have to move UK alum Joe Blanton before making a serious run at Toronto Blue Jays ace Roy Halladay.
- Joe Frisaro of MLB.com reports that even after the Winter Meetings, trading Louisville-native Dan Uggla remains high on the Marlins’ agenda.
- Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post writes while Uggla remains a Marlin for now, Florida will still likely have a new second baseman to start 2010.
- Andrew Baggarly of the San Jose Mercury News reports the San Francisco Giants are looking to add some power to the lineup, but Uggla is not the Giants’ first choice.
- Aaron Fitt of Baseball America doesn’t under stand the James Paxton camp’s strategy of prolonging its lawsuit against the University of Kentucky. He thinks if Paxton has any chance to play in 2010 he might be best served by meeting with investigators and proceeding from there.
- The Louisville Bats named Matt Andrews their new director of broadcasting. Andrews also serves as the Morehead State men’s basketball lead radio broadcaster.