The Hot Stove is abuzz with news of the three-team blockbuster between the Philadelphia Phillies, Toronto Blue Jays and Seattle Mariners, and if you look hard enough there is a Bluegrass angle to the story. For Kentucky fans the real question is what does the trade do for Phillies starting pitcher and University of Kentucky alum Joe Blanton?
- John Paul Morosi of FoxSports.com tweets that for now Joe Blanton appears likely to stay in Philadelphia.
- 2009 Louisville Bats Zach Stewart and Josh Roenicke, traded by the Reds for Scott Rolen, were named the No. 1 and No. 7 prospects in the Toronto Blue Jays system by Baseball America. Of course this is before the Blue Jays pick up several prospects in the Roy Halladay trade.
- UK Athletics reports Futurebacks.com has named former University of Kentucky catcher Sean Coughlin the Arizona Diamondbacks Offensive Position Player of the Year.
- Jeff Arnold and Adam Duvall were named captains of the 2010 University of Louisville baseball team.
- Finally, in the category of fail by the World Wide Leader (ESPN) super-agent Scott Boras was on The Scott Van Pelt Show this afternoon and Van Pelt failed to ask him anything about the James Paxton case or the college no-agent rule in general.