A few afternoon notes to pass along as some updates of some of the storylines we were following before the Holidays.
- Juan C. Rodriguez of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports a source with the Marlins says the chances of Louisville-native Dan Uggla beginning 2010 with the Marlins are increasing daily.
- University of Kentucky alum Andy Green resigned a Minor League contract with the New York Mets.
- Hap Fry of the Fort Collins Coloradoan profiles Rocky Mountain High School’s baseball program which produced current UK infielder Andy Burns.
- Todd Zolecki of MLB.com reports arbitration raises to players including UK alum Joe Blanton will affect what the Phillies can do in the remainder of the offseason.
- Phil Rogers of the Chicago Tribune (writing for Baseball America) had this to say about UK alum John Shelby in BA’s White Sox prospect chat: (subscription required)
- “Treybone is still on the organization’s radar because of his speed-power combination. But he’s definitely viewed more as a possible role player than a likely regular. He needs to get his batting average back up near .300 this year, and that will be a challenge.“