More chatter about the Reds new star pitcher appearing in Louisville and Austin Kearns chances with the Indians, plus some college news releases and a note from an alert reader for your Tuesday morning:
- Louisville Bats manager Rick Sweet tells Michael Grant of the Courier Journal there is a 90-percent plus chance Aroldis Chapman will pitch in Louisville this season.
- Anthony Castrovince of MLB.com likes Lexington-native Austin Kearns‘ chances of making the Indians’ 25-man roster and thinks a starting spot in left field isn’t out of the question.
- University of Kentucky athletics has a news release about Chris Bisson being named a third-team Ping! All-American.
- Eastern Kentucky University sports has a news release about Jayson Langfels being named a third-team Ping! All-American.
- As an alert reader pointed out on a previous post, the Astros signed former Western Kentucky University pitcher Ben Paxton in November. Here’s a staff report from the Charleston Gazette reporting the signing. Paxton might end up with the Lexington Legends to start 2010.