The James Paxton trial will be the big event of the day, but check out some small college and high school news to tide you over until the court news breaks this afternoon.
- Kendall Rogers of Yahoo! Sports names Morehead State shortstop Drew Lee one of the country’s top returning seniors and says Lee is “by far the nation’s best player most people probably have never heard about.”
- Kentucky Kernel sports columnist Kenny Colston gives a thorough recap of the James Paxton legal situation in advance of today’s hearing.
- Northern Kentucky University was picked to finish first in the Great Lakes Valley Conference East Division. Bellarmine was picked third and Kentucky Wesleyan was picked sixth in the East.
- Mike Fields of the Lexington Herald-Leader reports longtime Henry Clay baseball coach Herb Hammond has been fired despite an impending high school baseball Hall of Fame induction.
- Nick Johnson of The Eastern Progress (EKU’s student newspaper) profiles former Colonel and current Red Josh Anderson.