Tuesday was the MLB deadline for arbitration-eligible players and teams to exchange salary figures. If teams and players don’t agree to terms before a arbitration hearing a judge will side with one party. Check out two relevant arbitration updates and a honor for a Kentucky high school alum in some afternoon links:
- Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com reports University of Kentucky alum Joe Blanton and the Philadelphia Phillies are far apart in their exchanged salary arbitration figures.
- Most arbitration cases meet somewhere in the middle of the two exchanged figures, but Blanton and the Phillies are so far apart this probably will go to a hearing.
- The College Baseball Blog ranked Louisville-native, PRP alum and Arkansas infielder Zack Cox the third best player in college baseball.
- Brian McTaggert of MLB.com reports Lexington Legends Hall of Famers Hunter Pence and Wandy Rodriguez did not reach a deal with the Astros before Tuesday’s deadline to exchange salary arbitration figures.
- Darren Heitner of the Sports Agent Blog examines what implications the James Paxton situation will have on college advisors.