We’re going to try a weekend feature on BluGrass Baseball where I give a player and pitcher of the day award to a Kentucky college player in the morning recap post. In the inaugural awards of the 2009 season those honors go to University of Kentucky junior second baseman Chris Bisson and University of Louisville junior right-handed pitcher Thomas Royse. Bisson lead all players with four hits on the day and finished with three RBI and two runs scored. Royse wasn’t charged with an earned run in five innings, and struck out five without walking any.
Also WKU ace Matt Ridings set the school career strikeouts record with his first K of the game.
- Hits: Bisson (UK) — 4
- RBI: Kyle Tiernan (Murray State) — 5
- Runs: Logan Robbins (WKU)/Marcus Nidiffer (UK)/Adam Duvall (UofL) — 3
- HR: Andy Burns (UK)/Keenan Wiley (UK)/Drew Lee (Morehead)/Taylor Davis (Morehead) — 1
- IP: Chris Craycraft (Murray State)/Michael Bottoms (Morehead) — 6
- SO: Alex Meyer (UK) — 8
- Hits (Min. 5IP): Thomas Royse (UofL) — 2
- Runs (Min. 5IP): Royse (UofL) — 1
Athletic Department Recaps
- University of Louisville — (Box Score)
- University of Kentucky — (Box Score)
- Western Kentucky University — (Box Score)
- Morehead State University — (Box Score)
- Murray State University — (Box Score)