I’m on official assignment at Cliff Hagan Stadium for BluGrass Baseball and will keep an inning-by-inning updated of the game below:
Top of First Inning
- BGSU sophomore shortstop Jon Berti strikes out swinging.
- Senior second baseman Logan Meisley walks.
- Senior first baseman Dennis Vaughn fouls out to third base.
- Senior third baseman Derek Spencer grounds out third baseman Andy Burns to first baseman Gunner Glad.
Bottom of First Inning
- UK junior second baseman Chris Bisson flies out to to left field.
- Sophomore left fielder Chad Wright grounds out, shortstop to first base.
- Sophomore third baseman Andy Burns walks.
- Senior catcher Marcus Nidiffer walks, Burns to second.
- Senior first baseman Gunner Glad flies out to center field.
Top of the Second Inning
- Senior catcher Tyler Elkins grounds out shortstop Taylor Black to first baseman Gunner Glad.
- Senior right fielder Mark Galvin doubles to left-center field gap.
- Senior designated hitter Brandon McFarland flies out to left fielder Chad Wright.
- Sophomore left fielder Patrick Martin struck out swinging.
Bottom of the Second Inning
- Senior center fielder Keenan Wiley grounds out 4-3.
- Redshirt junior right fielder Neiko Johnson flies out to deep center where BGSU senior T. J. Blanton makes a Willie Mays-like catch.
- Redshirt sophomore designated hitter Navarro Hall, making his first career start, flies out to left field.
Top of the Third Inning
- Senior center fielder T. J. Blanton homers to left-center field.
- BGSU 1, UK 0
- Berti grounds out, second baseman Bisson to first baseman Glad.
- Meisler singles on a ground ball to right field.
- Vaughn hit by a pitch from Alex Meyer, Meisler to second base.
- Henderson visiting the mound after Meyer gives up one in the inning and has two more on base.
- Spencer flies out to right-fielder Neiko Johnson, Meisler tags up and moves to third.
- Meisler picked off third base to end the inning. Meyer faked to third, threw to first and had Vaughn in a pickle. Glad then threw home after Meisler broke and after a few relays, Burns tagges Meisler out.
Bottom of the Third Inning
- Junior shortstop Taylor Black reaches on a throwing error from BGSU shortstop Berti. Berti’s throw brought Vaughn off the bag at first and ricocheted into foul territory.
- Black picked off first base, 1-3.
- Second baseman Chris Bisson hit by a pitch from Smith. The umpire got a piece of that one as well and we’ve got a little delay while he recovers.
- Left fielder Chad Wright homers on a wind-aided shot off the left-center scoreboard. Bisson scores.
- BGSU 1, UK 2
- Third baseman Andy Burns walks.
- Catcher Marcus Nidiffer singles on a ground ball to left under the glove of BGSU third baseman Spencer. Burns to second.
- First baseman Gunner Glad walks, Nidiffer to second, Burns to third.
- Center fielder Keenan Wiley out on a sacrifice fly to left field. Burns tags and scores
- BGSU 1, UK 3
- Right fielder Neiko Johnson grounds out 4-3 to end the inning.
Top of the Fourth Inning
- Catcher Tyler Elkins flies out to center fielder Keenan Wiley. Wiley made the catch with his back to the wall. The ball is traveling well toward left field today.
- Right fielder Galvin strikes out swinging.
- Designated hitter McFarland reaches on a throwing error from catcher Marcus Nidiffer. McFarland moved to second with the throw bounced away from first baseman Gunner Glad.
- Martin strikes out swinging to end the inning.
Bottom of the Second Inning
- Designated hitter Navarro Hall singles on a ground ball up the middle.
- Black out on a sacrifice bunt, 3-4. Hall to second.
- All-American second baseman Chris Bisson homers to left-center. Hall scores
- BGSU 1, UK 5
- Wright grounds out, 6-3. The ball took a convenient BGSU bounce off the mound right toward the shortstop.
- Burns walks.
- Burns steals second base.
- Nidiffer hit by a pitch from Smith.
- BGSU pitching change: Sophomore righty Ross Gerdeman replaces Smith.
- Glad grounds out, 6-3.
Top of the Fifth Inning
- Blanton doubles off the left field wall.
- Blanton moves to third
- Berti strikes out swinging
- Meisler grounds out, third baseman Burns to first baseman Glad.
- Vaughn singles on a ground ball to right field, Blanton scores.
- BGSU 2, UK 5
- Vaughn moves to second on a wild pitch.
- Spencer grounds out, shortstop Black to first baseman Glad.
Bottom of the Fifth Inning
- Going to be honest, I checked out of the press box for a minute for some food and when I came back Keenan Wiley and Neiko Johnson were on third and second respectively.
- Navarro Hall struck out swmining.
- Taylor Black out on a sacrifice fly to center field, Wiley scores, Johnson to third.
- BGSU 2, UK 6
- Bisson out on a swinging bunt, 3-1.
Top of the Sixth Inning
- Elkins flies out to center.
- Galvin singles on a ground ball to left.
- McFarland strikes out looking.
- Galvin to second on a wild pitch.
- Martin singles on a ground ball to left, Galvin scores.
- UK pitching change: Redshirt junior Matt Little in for Meyer
- Blanton strikes out looking to end the inning.
Bottom of the Sixth Inning
- Wright flies out to center
- Andy Burns grounded out, 6-3.
- Nidiffer strikes out swinging.
Top of the Seventh Inning
- Berti reaches on an infield single to second base. Bisson almost made the play, but 1st base ump ruled Berti beat the throw to the bag.
- Meisler grounds into a double-play, 1-4-3. Little made a great play to grab the shot up the middle and start the twin killing.
- Vaughn grounds out, 5-3.
Bottom of the Seventh Inning
- Glad strikes out looking on a pitch just off the plate. Fans didn’t like the call.
- Wiley grounds out, 3-unassisted.
- Johnson strikes out looking.
Top of the Eighth Inning
- Spencer singles on a line drive to right field.
- Elkins grounds into a double play, 5-4-3. UK doesn’t turn that without the catcher running, and Bisson may have been pulled off second by Burns’ throw anyway. Cats will take the two outs nonetheless.
- Galvin walks.
- McFarland grounds out 6-3.
Bottom of the Eight Inning
- Hall strikes out.
- Black walks.
- Black steals second base.
- Bisson walks.
- Wright flies out to left field.
- Burns strikes out swining
Top of the ninth
- Borcherdt walks
- Blanton hit by a pitch from Matt Little
- Berti strikes out swinging.
- Meisler walks.
- Vaughn out on sac fly to left, Borcherdt scores.
- Spencer grounds out to 2nd.
- GAME OVER