The University of Louisville moved up to No. 8 and UK broke into the latest Rivals.com rankings at No. 22 this week.
- University of Louisville right-handed pitcher Thomas Royse was named the Big East pitcher of the week after a six-shutout inning performance in the Big East/Big Ten Challenge.
- UofL first baseman Andrew Clark was also named to the Big East honor roll for the week.
Eastern Kentucky University first baseman Anthony Ottrando was named the Ohio Valley Conference player of the week after launching four home runs against Western Carolina.
- Pleasure Ridge Park alum Zack Cox is now batting .409 with one home run and nine RBI for Arkansas.
- Boyle County grad Patrick Cooper surrendered six runs in the first inning of his season debut Saturday for Bradley.
- Lexington Catholic alum Nick Maronde has surrendered six runs in two and one-third innings for Florida this season.