Look for the weekend schedule at noon, but for now here are some Friday morning notes to get you ready for the baseball you can catch around the big game Saturday.
- Chris Assenheimer of The Chronicle Telegram in Elyria, Ohio, reports Lexington-native Austin Kearns has a good shot at making the Indians’ Opening Day roster.
- Aaron Fitt of Baseball America highlights the University of Kentucky‘s weekend series against Vanderbilt as the meaningful matchup in college baseball and provides an in-depth breakdown of the two teams.
- Louisville-native Todd Wellemeyer clinched his starting spot with the Giants with five innings of two-run ball Thursday.
- Kendall Rogers of Rivals.com and Yahoo! Sports lists his ten college series to watch this weekend and includes the University of Louisville‘s Big East opener and UK’s visit to Vandy.
- Nick Baumgardner of the Bowling Green Daily News profiles WKU starting pitcher Matt Ridings as he closes in on the Sun Belt wins record.