Lots of college news to get you through the morning:
- Pleasure Ridge Park alum and Arkansas third baseman Zack Cox was named Southeastern Conference Player of the Week after batting .556 and stretching his hitting streak to 23 games.
- Morehead State University sophomore outfielder Cameron Flynn was named Ohio Valley Conference player of the week, and Eastern Kentucky University sophomore right-handed reliever Matt Harris was named OVC pitcher of the week. (Both players were also honored with the BluGrass Baseball weekly honors)
- Northern Kentucky University ace was named the Great Lakes Valley Conference pitcher of the week for the second time this season.
- The University of Louisville moved up to No. 11 in the latest Baseball America top 25, and Western Kentucky University moved up to No. 18.
- UofL stayed at No. 7 in the latest Rivals.com top 25 and WKU moved into the rankings at No. 24.
- NKU moved up to No. 19 in the latest Division II poll from The College Baseball Newspaper.
- Mike Stunson of the College Heights Herald reports on WKU’s best start in school history.
- Stunson also profiles WKU senior second baseman Matt Payton.
- Herald columnist Jonathan Lintner writes WKU coach Chris Finwood is building a baseball powerhouse.
- Aaron Smith of the Kentucky Kernel profiles the University of Kentucky bullpen.