Tuesday was media day for each of the state’s three minor-league teams. I wasn’t able to attend because of class and the UK/UofL college game, but check out these profiles and recaps of the proceedings from the state’s media:
- Michael Grant of the Courier-Journal reports the Louisville Bats will have eight of the Reds’ top ten prospects in Baseball America‘s rankings in addition to Kentucky natives Chris Burke and Josh Anderson.
- The C-J also reports Cuban phenom Aroldis Chapman may make his home debut for the Bats on April 16.
- Mark Maloney of the Herald-Leader reports Lexington Legends manager Rodney Linares is happy to be back with the team.
- Michael Compton of the Bowling Green Daily News talks to Hot Rods manager Brady Williams and outfielder Ty Morrison about the importance of interacting with the local fans.
- USA Today lists Louisville Slugger Field as one of ten distinctive minor-league venues to visit.