Lots of recaps and reviews of the college baseball action from Wednesday. Check out various in-state media’s take on the University of Kentucky 5-0 win over No. 9 University of Louisville, and No. 21 Western Kentucky University‘s 12-2 blowout of Murray State University:
- Brett Dawson of The Courier Journal reports UK reliever Mike Kaczmarek has worked his way out of coach Gary Henderson‘s doghouse.
- Mark Maloney of the Lexington Herald-Leader writes after UK’s win “all was right in the Wildcats’ world.”
- Aaron Smith of the Kentucky Kernel reports UK “put on an impressive all-around display.”
- Adam Revelette of Examiner.com writes “on a beautiful Tuesday evening in Lexington, the University of Kentucky baseball team treated its fans to an even more beautiful 5-0 victory.”
- Eric Lindsey of Cat Scratches has posted videos of the post-game interviews with Henderson, Kaczmarek and senior first baseman Gunner Glad.
- Nick Baumgardner of the Bowling Green Daily News reports WKU freshman right-handed pitcher Taylor Haydel was strong in the Hilltoppers’ blowout of Murray St.
- Brad Stephens of the College Heights Herald reports sophomore shortstop Logan Robbins sparked WKU to victory.
- UK/UofL box score.
- WKU/Murray State box score.
- Every starting position player record at least two hits in Eastern Kentucky University‘s 20-16 win over ETSU. Three different Colonels launched a home run. (Box Score)