- Eastern Kentucky University finished off a season sweep of Marshall with a 10-0 blowout win Wednesday. Junior right fielder Ryan Faidley was 2-4 with a home run, two RBI and two runs scored, and junior left fielder Bryce Labhart tallied three hits, two RBI and two runs. Freshman right-handed pitcher Anthony Bazzani earned the win with four scoreless innings of work. (Box Score)
- Evansville finished a two-game sweep of Murray State University with a 14-5 win in the teams’ second midweek matchup of the week. Senior designated hitter Wes Cunningham was 2-4 with a home run, three RBI and one run scored. Senior catcher Jason Laws also homered. (Box Score)
- The University of Louisville (13) has a recap of the Cards’ 7-6 win over No. 19 WKU.
- Western Kentucky University also has a recap of the game.
- Mike Stunson of the College Heights Herald talked to WKU coach Chris Finwood after the game, and Finwood pointed to UofL’s home runs as the difference in the game.
- Michael Grant of The Courier Journal recaps the Louisville Bats’ 3-0 loss to Indianapolis in the Bast’ home opener.