- Eastern Kentucky University beat up on NAIA University of the Cumberlands for a 15-2 win Tuesday. Sophomore outfielder Michael Garcia was 2-3 with four RBI and a run scored. Junior outfielder Richie Allen and senior first baseman Anthony Ottrando both homered for the Colonels. (Box Score)
- You can read the full recap of the Western Kentucky University romp over the University of Kentucky below, but there are just too many stats to consider to condense into one post. The game was played in front of 6,183 fans, the largest crowd to ever watch a college baseball game in Kentucky. WKU became just the fourth team to have 16 consecutive batters reach base in a game and the first since 1998. (Box Score)
- Mike Stunson of the College Heights Herald recaps the WKU win.
- Nick Baumgardner of the Bowling Green Daily News also has a recap of the blowout.
Hitter of the Day: C Matt Rice (WKU)
- Stats: 5-6, 1 HR, 2 2Bs, 3 RBI, 3 R
- Honorable Mention: Matt Payton (WKU), Jared Andreoli (WKU), Logan Robbins (WKU), Lance Ray (UK), Joey Stevens (EKU), Michael Garcia (EKU)
Pitcher of the Day: RHP Brian Edelen (WKU)
- Stats: 1-0, 5 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 3 SO
- Honorable Mention: Ross Hammonds (WKU), Anthony Bazzani (EKU), Chase Greene (UK)
- Greene gets the nod for being the only UK pitcher with any success against WKU.