We’re back on the April minor league award series with the Bowling Green Hot Rods. The first month of the season wasn’t kind to the Hot Rods, who stumbled out of the gate to the tune of a 5-17 record. Check out Bowling Green’s standout April performances below:
Hitter of the month: C Mark Thomas
- Stats: .298/.365/.426 — 2 HR, 7 RBI, 5 R
- It says a lot about the Hot Rods’ first month that the team’s most productive hitter played in just 14 of 23 games. Thomas led Bowling Green with two home runs, ranked second on the team with seven RBI and if he would have played in enough games to qualify for the percentage categories he would have led the team in batting average, on-base percentage, slugging percentage and OPS.
- Honorable Mention: OF Christopher Murrill, 1B Ryan Wiegand
Pitcher of the month: RHP Shane Dyer
- Stats: 1-2, 2.17 ERA, 20 SO/3 BB, 29 IP
- If Dyer was upset at being sent back to Bowling Green to start 2010 he’s making his case for a promotion. The 2008 6th-round pick led the team in ERA and innings pitched. He even tallied a complete-game shutout in the month.
- Honorable Mention: RHP Alexander Colome, RHP Wilking Rodriguez, RHP Kirby Yates