Links from around the Kentucky baseball world for your Tuesday morning:
- Murray State University senior first baseman Wes Cunningham was named the Ohio Valley Conference player of the week for his performance last week, including setting the new school single-season home run record.
- University of Louisville senior first baseman Andrew Clark was named the Big East Conference player of the week.
- Clark was also named the national player of the week by The College Baseball Blog.
- UofL moved up to No. 9 in the latest Baseball America top 25 ranking.
- The Cards jumped to No. 7 in the latest Rivals.com ranking.
- Cuban phenom Aroldis Chapman picked up is second win of the season for the Louisville Bats but allowed six runs on nine hits in five innings. He struck out eight and walked one in the Bats’ 20-7 blowout of Buffalo.
- University of Kentucky alum Joe Blanton took the loss in his return from a strained left oblique for the Philadelphia Phillies but pitched well, allowing four runs in six and two-third innings.