A hodgepodge of links from around Kentucky baseball:
- Anthony Castrovince of MLB.com writes the Cleveland Indians are reaping reward of signing Lexington native Austin Kearns to a Minor League deal in the offseason.
- Mark Maloney of the Lexington Herald Leader profiles former University of Kentucky shortstop Chris Wade in his return to Lexington with the Greensboro Grasshoppers.
- The Courier Journal profiles University of Louisville first baseman Andrew Clark and his strong performance since returning from a strained oblique.
- UK right-handed pitcher/first baseman Braden Kapteyn and Morehead State University right-handed pitcher/first baseman Michael Bottoms have been named to the 25-man watch list for the John Olerud Award, which goes to the country’s top two-way player.
- Courier Journal columnist Rick Bozich writes the Louisville Bats are “trying anything to change luck.”