Last week we began a series of posts informing you where some of Kentucky’s college baseball players were spending their summer with Western Kentucky University. Today we’ll look at the most prestigious collegiate summer league: the Cape Cod League. I’ve listed Kentucky collegians playing in the Cape below with their school and Cape team.
- RHP Tony Zych — University of Louisville — Bourne Braves
- SS Ryan Wright — UofL — Bourne Braves
- 3B Andy Burns — University of Kentucky — Brewster Wildcats
- OF Chad Wright — UK — Cotuit Kettleers
- RHP/1B Braden Kapteyn — UK — Harwich Mariners
- SS Zach Osborne — Pleasure Ridge Park High School (Tennessee) — Hyannis Harbor Hawks
- OF Josh Richmond — UofL — Wareham Gatemen
- RHP Alex Meyer — UK — Yarmouth-Dennis Red Sox
- RHP Derek Self — UofL — Chatham Anglers
UK OF Lance Ray, UofL 3B Phil Wunderlich and OF Stewart Ijames were originally scheduled to play in the Cape Cod League this summer, but have since left their teams. Ray signed with the Minnesota Twins as their eighth round pick. Wunderlich was drafted by the Tampa Bay Rays in the 12th round, and Ijames was selected by the New York Yankees in the 29th round.