Latest links from around Kentucky baseball:
- Former Campbellsville catcher Richie Rowland was named player of the week for the rookie-level Pioneer League.
- Eastern Kentucky University has hired former Middle Tennessee State volunteer assistant coach John Petersen to be a full-time assistant coach.
- Barry Lewis of the Tulsa World reports former EKU and current AA Tulsa left-handed pitcher Christian Friedrich has changed his number from 28 to 10 to honor one of his mentors at EKU, Bryan Stevenson.
- At least 23 MLB All-Stars will use Louisville Slugger bats this year, WDRB in Louisville reports. Depending on the final-player votes as many as two more Louisville Slugger clients could be added to the game.
- Western Kentucky University signee Ivan Hartle has been named the Easton NJCAA Division I Baseball Defensive Player of the Year for his work at Iowa Western Community College.
- Michael Compton of the Bowling Green Daily News reports Bowling Green Hot Rods pitcher Kyle Lobstein is turning the corner.