Roundup of the latest stories from around Kentucky baseball:
- Adam McCalvy of MLB.com reports Bowling Green native Corey Hart wants to stay with the Milwaukee Brewers despite the swarm of trade rumors surrounding him.
- The Birmingham Press-Register reports former University of Kentucky outfielder and Arizona Diamondbacks prospect Collin Cowgill has been named to the AA Southern League All-Star team to replace a promoted player.
- Steve Gilbert of MLB.com reports Ashland native and Arizona Diamondbacks right-handed pitcher Brandon Webb felt good after his latest throwing session and may face hitters shortly after the All-Star break.
- Business First of Louisville reports the Louisville Bats rank second in the International League in home attendance.
- Mike Axisa of MLBTradeRumors reports Louisville native and St. Louis Cardinals left-handed pitcher Trever Miller‘s $2 million 2011 contract option will vest automatically with 14 more appearances.
- A name to watch for Lexington Legends fans: The Astros have signed top 16-year-old Dominican Republic outfielder Ariel Ovando, Ben Badler of Baseball America reports. Ovando could end up in Lexington in the next couple of years.