Friday highlights from Kentucky MiLB baseball:
- Cincinnati Reds rehabbing starting pitcher Edison Volquez allowed just one hit in seven innings in his third start for the Louisville Bats, who defeated the Toledo Mud Hens 3-0. Designate hitter Drew Sutton tallied two hits in the game.
- Left-handed pitcher Luis Cruz earned his fourth win of the season for the Lexington Legends who defeated the West Virginia Power 4-1. Second baseman Jose Altuve and left fielder Jacob Goebbert each homered for the Legends.
- The Bowling Green Hot Rods mustered just three hits in a 6-0 shutout loss to the Dayton Dragons. Right-handed pitcher Kirby Yates took the loss despite allowing just one run in five innings.
- Former UK infielder Michael Bertram launched his tenth home run of the season for AA Erie.
- Former UofL infielder Adam Duvall slugged his second professional home run for short-season Salem-Keizer.
- Former UofL left-handed pitcher Justin Marks took a no decision for low A Cane County after allowing just two runs in five and two-third innings.
- Former UofL second baseman Justin McClanahan was 2-5 with a home run and three RBI for high A Dunedin.
- Former Morehead St. shortstop Drew Lee was 3-4 with a double for rookie-level Bristol.