Highlights from Saturday Kentucky MiLB action:
- The Louisville Bats defeated Columbus 4-2 in the first game of a two-game series. Right-handed pitcher Chad Reineke earned his sixth win of the season after allowing two runs in five and one-third innings.
- The Bowling Green Hot Rods offense exploded for 11 runs in a 11-5 win over Lansing. Designated hitter Cody Rogers was 3-4 with a home run, one RBI and four runs scored.
- The West Virginia Power scored one run in the eighth inning to defeat the Lexington Legends 6-5. Legends designated hitter J. D. Martinez was 3-4 with a home run, one RBI and two runs scored.
- Lexington native Jeremy Shelby had his best professional game to-date with a 4-5, two home run, five RBI, three runs scored performance for rookie-level Bluefield.
- Jeremy’s older brother and former UK outfielder John Shelby was 2-5 with his sixth home run of the season for AA Birmingham.
- Former UK outfielder Lance Ray was promoted to low A Beloit.
- Former UK catcher Marcus Nidiffer launched his third home run for rookie-level Greenville.
- Former UofL first baseman Andrew Clark was 3-5 with four RBI and two runs scored.
- Former EKU third baseman Neil Sellers blasted his third home run of the season for AAA Lehigh Valley.
- Former NKU right-handed pitcher Nathan Jones fell to 7-3 for high A Winston-Salem despite surrendering just four runs in six innings.
- Lafayette High School alum Chaz Roe picked up his sixth win of the season despite surrendering six runs in five and one-third innings.
- Louisville native Richard Sullivan earned his second win of the season with three and one-third scoreless innings of relief for AA Mississippi.