Highlights from Monday Kentucky MiLB action:
- The Lexington Legends scored seven runs in the ninth inning to defeat the West Virginia Power 12-8. Outfielder Jacob Goebbert blasted his fifth home run of the season and drove in three runs for Lexington.
- The Bowling Green Hot Rods mustered just five hits in a 1-0 loss to the Lansing Lugnuts. Right-handed pitcher Tyree Hayes recorded his second straight scoreless appearance since joining the Hot Rods with two and two-third innings of five-hit ball.
- The Louisville Bats were off for the AAA All-Star break.
- Former UK outfielder Collin Cowgill was 0-2 for the South Division team in the Southern League All-Star game.
- Former UofL infielder and 2010 draftee Phil Wunderlich had his best game to-date with a 4-5, one home run, two double, five RBI, two run scored performance for short-season Hudson Valley. Wunderlich has hits in eight straight games and is batting .358 on the season.
- Former UofL infielder Logan Johnson was 2-4 with a home run and two RBI for high A Winston-Salem.
- Former WKU catcher Jordan Newton extended his hitting streak to five games for high A Bradenton since being signed out of independent league ball by the Pirates last week. Newton was 2-4 with a double Monday and is 8-17 (.471) in five games.
- Former WKU third baseman Wade Gaynor was 3-5 with four RBI for low A West Michigan.
- LCA alum Robbie Ross made his debut for high A Bakersfield but took the loss after surrendering four runs, two of which were earned, in four and one-third innings.