An abbreviated roundup of Tuesday Kentucky MiLB action as most leagues did not play yesterday:
- Each of the three Kentucky MiLB teams had the day off.
- Former UofL right-handed pitcher and 2010 Nationals draftee Neil Holland pitched a scoreless inning for short-season Vermont and hasn’t surrendered an earned run in his first seven professional outings over nine and two-third innings. On the season he has struck out 10 batters and walked just one.
- Former UofL infielder and 2010 Rays draftee Phil Wunderlich extended his hitting streak to nine games.
- Former EKU third baseman and 2010 Rockies draftee Jayson Langfels slugged his first professional home run for short-season Tri-City.
- In that same game, Boyd County native and 2010 Royals NDFA Tyler Gatrell picked up his fifth save with a scoreless inning for the AZL Royals. Gatrell hasn’t surrendered an earned run in his first eight professional outings and has struck out 15 while walking just three in eight and one-third innings.
- Former UK outfielder Antone DeJesus was 1-2 with a triple and two RBI for AA Springfield.
- Frankfort native and 2010 Royals draftee Cameron Conner was 1-3 with a triple, walk, RBI and run scored for the rookie-level AZL Royals.